From time to time I get requests to check out other laptop bag brands and post about them on the Rainebrooke blog. When Dafna from Mamtak contacted me about reviewing the new AYA bag I was all for checking it out. I had first seen the bag after Kate at Funchico reviewed the Aya back in August, so I was excited to get my hands on it personally.
As soon as I opened the box and had the AYA in my hands, I could tell this was not only a beautiful bag, but very well made. The first thing that hits you after you remove the dust cover is the wonderful real leather smell. The exterior is made from a soft leather that appears like it will be very durable. The AYA comes in several colors (white, black, green), but the one I received is three beautiful shades of pink. The exterior stitching is top quality… straight, with a nice matching color thread. Both sides of the bag are identical, so there is not a front or back. Tucked behind the handles on both sides are zippered pockets that are a good size for smaller items that you may use more frequently.
The interior of the pink AYA is one of my favorite colors. It’s a satin burgundy color that goes perfectly with the three exterior colors. On one side is a padded laptop pocket that would hold most laptops with screen sizes up to around 15″. I did a quick measurement and the pocket is about 14 x 11 x 2 inches in size. The top of the pocket is secured with a wide velcro flap. On the outside wall of the laptop pocket are two small open top pockets that would be great for change or small items. Opposite the laptop side is a zippered pocket that is about 9 inches wide and 8 inches deep. Next to the laptop compartment there’s plenty of room for all your other stuff such as power cords, a book or two and whatever else you may need during the day.
One of the nicest things about this pink leather laptop bag, it that it doesn’t really look like a laptop bag at all. You could use this bag with or without your laptop. Take it to the office during the day and then take it out a night. Stylish, modern looking and functional! This bag is currently only available on the Mamtak website for just over $200 USD. Mamtak is a company based in Amsterdam, but they ship worldwide. We will hopefully have this bag and other future pink Mamtak bags available on the Rainebrooke website in the near future.
Congrats to Carolyn G. @carogonza ! Carolyn’s comment was the winning comment number. Thanks to all those who entered!
Giveaway! (Win this Pink AYA bag)
Would you like to win this AYA bag that we reviewed? Read on and it could be yours.
- Open to US & Canada only
- One winner will be chosen at random from the comments by using Random.org
- Giveaway closes on Monday, Dec. 5th at 11am CST
For Extra Entries:
- Follow @rainebrooke on Twitter
- “Like” Rainebrooke on Facebook
- Follow @mamtakbags on Twitter
- “Like” Mamtak on Facebook
- Blog about this giveaway, with this blog title linked back to “Rainebrooke”
- Tweet about this giveaway using this Rainebrooke giveaway tweet (once per day)
- Note: post a new comment for each extra entry method above.
The fine print:
- One bag will be given away. We are giving away the bag we reviewed. While new, is has been handled by us during review. It will be shipped by Rainebrooke, not the manufacturer.
- Giveaway is open to anyone in the US & Canada.
- We will pay for shipping (Ground) within US & Canada. Outside US: any duties and taxes are the responsibility of the recipient.
- We reserve the right to remove comments that we can not confirm from the entry methods above.
- This bag will not have any guarantees or warranties.
- The winner will be notified by the email at the address which they provided with the comment. The winner will have 48 hours to reply to the winning email notification. If we don’t receive a reply within 48 hours a new winner will be chosen.