Love pink and need a new iPad Case? Here’s your chance to win one… thanks to Lexie at Cygnett. Lexie contacted me asking if I would like to see their new Alumni Canvas iPad Case. And for anyone who follows Rainebrooke knows, if it’s pink I love to see it.
The Alumni iPad case has several great features. First off is the color. It’s a very nice pink. I would call it a bright carnation pink, close to a hot pink shade. If pink is not your thing, they also offer it in blue, green and black. Second is the exterior canvas. It’s a really durable feeling canvas that’s sewn onto the hard core of the case. The canvas material feels like it would take a real beating without getting ripped or torn.
The iPad itself (fits the iPad2 and the new iPad) slides perfectly into the pocket section which holds it securely into the case. I’d have no problem slinging this case around and feeling safe that the iPad would not come out of it. The Alumni has built in magnets which keep the flap closed when you’re not using it. These magnets also work the iPads automatic sleep/wake function.
On the inside of the flap you’ll find a pocket which can hold some papers, tickets, passes, etc. The one thing I wish the inside had was a small pen loop right in the middle near the binder. Since it’s a folio style case I think it would make a helpful addition to have a pen right next to the pocket which can hold some scratch paper to write on.
This case is not really designed to stand up on it’s own, but it is possible if you have some type of non-slip surface underneath it. You’ll see I had a small piece of foam under it in the picture. I use the iPad on my couch a lot, so this case would work fine for me, but it wouldn’t work if I set it on my desk. It would just slide flat.
Overall this is a really nice iPad case. It’s well made, feels very durable and functions just as it’s suppose to. It would provide a good amount of drop protection, but unfortunately not as much as I need for my iPad. When Raine, Brooke and my wife saw this case they wanted me to keep it, as I wanted to. The problem is Raine and Brooke still drop my iPad from time to time. I think this case would probably protect it if dropped from a short distance, but for now I’m going to stick with the case I have, which is a big ugly thing that could protect the iPad if it’s dropped from a 2nd story building. Once Raine and Brook get a little older, I’ll be checking out Cygnett and their iPad cases again.
Congrats to Jenn @born2impress Jenn’s comment was the winning comment number. Thanks to all those who entered!
Giveaway! (Win this Pink Alumni iPad Case)
Would you like to win this case? Read on and it could be yours.
- Open to US & Canada only
- One winner will be chosen at random from the comments by using Random.org
- Giveaway closes on Tuesday, July 31st at 3pm CST
- DRAWING IS CLOSED
- Visit Rainebrooke and comment here (on this blog post) telling me which is your favorite pink laptop bag, pink diaper bag or pink luggage set.
For Extra Entries:
- Follow @rainebrooke on Twitter
- “Like” Rainebrooke on Facebook
- Follow Rainebrooke on Pinterest
- Follow @Cygnett on Twitter
- “Like” Cygnett on Facebook
- Blog about this giveaway, with this blog title linked back to “Rainebrooke”
- Tweet about this giveaway using this Rainebrooke giveaway tweet (allowed once per day)
- Pin (on Pinterest) a picture of this Alumni iPad case or any pink laptop bag, diaper bag or pink luggage set on our site.
- Note: post a new comment for each extra entry method above.
The fine print:
- One case will be given away. We are giving away the case we reviewed. While new, is has been handled by us during review. It will be shipped by Rainebrooke, not the manufacturer.
- Giveaway is open to anyone in the US & Canada.
- We will pay for shipping (Ground) within US & Canada. Outside US: any duties and taxes are the responsibility of the recipient.
- We reserve the right to remove comments that we can not confirm from the entry methods above.
- This case will not have any guarantees or warranties.
- The winner will be notified by the email at the address which they provided with the comment. The winner will have 48 hours to reply to the winning email notification. If we don’t receive a reply within 48 hours a new winner will be chosen.