If you want a “real” pink iPad, you won’t find it at the Apple store (at least as of this post – maybe they’ll offer colors in the future). As far as I know of there is only one place you can get a pink iPad. That place is ColorWare. I’ve mentioned them before. ColorWare has been around since 2000 and is the leader in altering the color of existing products such as the iPad.
You can pick from many different shades of colors. For the iPad you can choose from several shades of pink, including an option to use a custom pantone color (for an additional $250). You’ll get to choose the body color, antenna color, logo color and button color. You also have the choice of sending in your previously purchased iPad or you can buy a new one directly from ColorWare.
Sending your iPad in will run around $400, while purchasing a new one runs between $900 and $1100 depending on the model.
Do you know of company similar to Colorware? Let us know and we’ll add it.
And BTW, if you get a pink iPad check out our new Zoey pink iPad Case… it’ll be the perfect companion for your pink iPad.
Giveaways for a free iPad or pink iPad
As with any new product on the market there will always be those scammers who try to take advantage of people. With the popularity of the iPad there are offers for a free iPad popping up everywhere, including offers for a free pink iPad.
While some of the giveaways for a free iPad or free pink iPad may be real, others are not. Even with the free giveaway offers that are real, you need to read the details carefully. Your chance of winning them are about as good as you getting a ride on the next Space Shuttle.
While I won’t name names on which offers are legit or not, here’s a few things to consider…
- What steps do you have to take to win? Are they realistic? If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is.
- When you visit the giveaway site be sure to read the fine print. Click around on the website and see who is actually behind it. Search for that company name and see if they’ve done legit giveaways in the past.
- Search for the giveaway you’re interested in before entering it. See if anyone else has mentioned a problem with the giveaway or with entering the giveaway.
- Never give away important personal information to enter a drawing. All a site should need is your name and email address… maybe a mailing address or phone number if you’re entering a contest in combination with a legit purchase.
- Consider using a throwaway email address when entering a contest. Chances are when you submit an email address your giving the company permission to use and sell your email address to 3rd party companies. And believe it, the SPAM email will come in by the truckload.
- Run frequent scans on your computer for malware, viruses, trojans and worms. Many scam giveaway sites will install malicious programs on your computer… some of which you’ll never catch without keeping your software and scans up to date.
- Visit Hoax-Slayer to see if you can find anything on the giveaway you’re interested in.